- +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma: As constructs, wyrwoods do not have a Constitution score.
- Normal Speed: Wyrwoods have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Small: Wyrwoods are Small creatures and gain a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a -1 penalty on combat maneuver checks and to combat maneuver defense, a +2 bonus on Fly checks, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks.
- Darkvision 60 ft.: Wyrwoods can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: Wyrwoods have low-light vision.
- Languages: Wyrwoods speak Common (Insildan) and Elven. A wyrwood with a high Intelligence score can choose from the following: Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Goblin,
Swift and calculating, wyrwoods were created by the combined efforts of druids and wizards of Insildor in order to defend their country from invading armies. In order to better protect themselves and coordinate tactically, the Insildans channeled both divine and arcane magic to bestow their creations with intelligence and free will. This soon became both a blessing and a curse, for while the wyrwoods protected their homelands with stealth and cunning, they soon distanced themselves from the native Insildans as well, retreating into the deepest, darkest recesses they could find. The Insildans saw that, while the wyrwoods possessed both the intelligence and ability to decide for themselves, they lacked the emotions and empathy for all other races. The wyrwoods became perceived as cold and unfeeling, and believing their experiments with creating the wyrwoods a failure, the Insildans abandoned the practice and hid or destroyed the rituals and processes used to create the constructs. Many thought that this would be the end of the wyrwood as a race, as eventually they would break down and vanish from history. However, in the twilight of the Moran Empire, the then Ohrisian Kingdom attempted to spread its influence over the Misty Mountains that separated Insildor from the rest of Enma. Much to their surprise, and indeed to the surprise of the humans and elves of Insildor, an new host of wyrwoods emerged from the shadows to aid in the repelling of the Ohrisian hosts. The wyrwoods had apparently discovered a method of creating new wyrwood constructs, identical to the originals created by the Insildan spellcasters. How they accomplished this is still a mystery, for while notable wyrwoods take up the mantle of wizard, druidic traditions are scarce among the race. Once the Ohrisians were defeated and rebuked, the majority of the Wyrwoods returned to the dark places of Insildor. Some chose to remain, however, attempting to fit into the civilizations of Enma that would accept them.
Wyrwoods tend to be Neutral or Lawful Neutral in alignment, unfettered by emotion or impulse, however as beings of free will they may be found in the entire alignment spectrum, if not commonly. Empathetic wyrwoods have been noted outside of their mysterious homesteads, although they are uncommon. Many adventuring or enterprising wyrwoods are these atypical types.